Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CridManager 2.0
03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
CridManager 2.0
CridManager 1.* reaches the end of its lifecycle. The software is not flexible enough to expand it for new challenges and features, be it VDR integration or better support for playlists or integration of video streaming or DVD creation or whatever anyone can think of.

Therefore we started the CridManager 2.0 project. As we do not have the resources to make it a success on our own, we need your help. CridManager 2.0 is an english language project. Please think about joining the project. We have prepared some (far from complete) wiki pages with more information about what is needed and how you can help. Look at http://www.open7x0.org/wiki/CridManager_2.0

There are numerous possibilities to contribute: as a software designer, a developer, a tester, doing translations, add comments and and and... If you are interested and want to help or have some questions or suggestions, please visit our wiki pages and leave a message at the discussion page.

So if you like CridManager and want it to be continued, join the project.

Regards,
Karlo

Unterstütze CridManager mit einer Spende.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
RE: CridManager 2.0
Hi Karlo.

I can help with Localizations (catalan and spanish) and beta testing on mac..
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Idea for V2.0:
When I realised that the ftp connection is very fragile, I simply started to download using curl. Unfortunately the filenames are so cryptic that it's a PIA to do so.

Suggestion: Make a menu where you can add your own shell scripts to be called from CridManager. The scripts will get parameters as defined by the user. Simply provide placeholders like:
%d: directory of the selected recording
%n: name of the recording
%td: a target directory the user is asked for before the script is called
%tn: dito for a complete path (i.e. directory + filename)
I can't think of everything possible/necessary yet, it's just an idea I just got. So for a userdefined download shellscript it could be something like this:
my_download_script %d %td
06-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi all
Is that project still alive?
If yes, I would be pleased in joining it.

If not, do you know if the specification of the 2.x firmwares for the m740/m750 are available? I am interesting in writing a tool to schedule recordings from the PC (free alternative to PVRPilot)

Thanks & Regards,

Galinette
06-28-2008, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2008 09:07 AM by Karlo.)
Hi Galinette,

CM2.0 is sleeping very deeply. I fear it will take more than one volunteer to reawaken it.

For a free alternative to PVRPilot you have to crack the protected communication interface. Well, it is cracked but Siemens sues everyone providing information about it. Don't know if they would still do it, but i think noone of the Knowing will try.

Some infos (german, of course):
Interface description: http://www.m740.de/wiki/Streaming
The suing thread: http://www.m740.de/forum/showthread.php?t=3359

Regards
Karlo

galinette Wrote:Hi all
Is that project still alive?
If yes, I would be pleased in joining it.

If not, do you know if the specification of the 2.x firmwares for the m740/m750 are available? I am interesting in writing a tool to schedule recordings from the PC (free alternative to PVRPilot)

Thanks & Regards,

Galinette

Unterstütze CridManager mit einer Spende.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CridManager on Ubuntu Linux albertc 5 11.408 12-03-2006 06:50 PM
Last Post: albertc